Monday 21 May 2012

May 9th

So, for the most part I've been spending my time being adorable and hanging out with Momma Carol & her pack. They are so nice to me. But, today I moved! Momma Mick came and picked me up & my stuff and took me to Robinson Rd. She told me it was a nice place, very quiet & that I would be living in the country while I healed.
She was right, it is very quiet. There is another dog here. His name is Cracker, but I think he's a big, white giant. He weighs 15 pounds! Really? Why did he have to grow so big? He must have a complex of some kind.
She gave me a really soft bed in my own room to sleep on. It's so fluffy & soft; I love it. My crate is right beside it and my food & water is all set up there too. I love having my own room :)
Because of my leg I can't go on long walks or anything, so Momma M takes me out on my leash for small walks in the yard. I love it! There are so many smells here. Rabbits & squirrels, and some bigger animals Momma calls deer. I get the feeling she doesn't like them very much though. We have a forest to walk in too.
After supper Momma said her I had to have a talk, but that she was gonna talk & I had to listen. We laid down on her bed with Cracker and she told me she was happy I was here.
She told me I didn't have to worry or stress about anything, everything I needed would be provided for me. She said that she understood that I was lonely and confused and that I should feel that way, I wasn't with my family anymore.
You see, dogs form very strong bonds with their families. Even when we are not treated well or they have to give us up, we still love them & Momma M understands that.
She told me that I could stay here as long as I needed to, until I could be adopted by a new family. My health being what it is, that isn't going to be for a long time & until then, this was my home.
She said that I had to follow 2 rules. The first one is that I must always behave like a lady, if I wasn't sure what that meant, she would help me learn. The second rule was that I always must come when I am called. I have no idea what she meant by that, but she seems trustworthy, so I'm sure she'll help me learn that too.
She said that I was going to meet some nice ladies at Posh Paws Pet Spa and that I was gonna get groomed. I had no idea what she was talking about, but again, she seemed trustworthy so I went along with it.
She also said I wan't supposed to create any "drama". No neurotic barking or silliness and that because God gave me 4 legs & her only 2, I had to walk to the places I wanted to go, she would not carry me. The only exception is that I will not be walking up or down stairs and no jumping as those were doctor's orders. Seems fair enough I think.
So, that's it, that's how I came to Robinson Rd...I'll let you know how this grooming thing turns out :) My hair seems fine to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment