Friday 18 May 2012

My Story Cont'd

So, when after I arrived at Carol's house she took some pictures of me and put them on her facebook page and her fans gave suggestions for my name. I hadn't been to the groomer for awhile and I looked like Animal from the Muppets, so my name became Muppet. 
Despite my lack of style, I was still cute as a bug's ear and everyone was asking when I could be adopted. I gotta admit, it was really nice being such a hot topic and to feel such love from people that had only seen my picture.
The truth is, that I can't go to my furever family for quite sometime. I have a long road ahead of me and many, many trips to the vet in my future.
A day or so later, I went to Elk Lake Veterinary Hospital and met all the nice staff there. They were all so nice to me!
During my vet exam Carol learned that I would also need surgery on my knees in the future. I have what is called a luxating patella, something that is very common in small dogs. I would also require more vaccines, and I would have to be spayed. Like I said, many, many trips to the vet's office in my future.
I was told not to worry, that I would be taken care of and that everything was gonna be ok. I am as brave as I can be, but I am only 3 pounds and it's a little overwhelming when I think of the road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment