Friday 17 August 2012

Saying Good-Bye

So, my friends Liana & Ashley are moving away. Far away. I may never see them again. For those of you that don't know, they are part of the Glam Squad. They help Momma with the makeovers foster dogs get when they come here.
When I first came to live at Momma's house I was, well, a hot mess. I had a big cast on & I just had surgery where they put a steel plate & 6 screws in my leg. I was away from the only family I ever knew & I was frightened and scared. And, I was in bad need of a groom. I hadn't been groomed in a very long time. My hair was all matted and filled with knots. You couldn't get a comb through it and you couldn't see my skin.
Momma took me in to see Liana and Ashley and they helped me. Liana was so kind and patient with me. Because of my cast she had to use dry shampoo to bathe me. She gave me lots of breaks and little by little she clipped away all the mats & knots & set my inner poodle free. Her and I spent the entire afternoon together and the more I got to know her, the more I liked her.
Ashley didn't meet me that first day, but she groomed me a few times since then. She was also very kind and gentle with me. They intoduced me to many other dogs and I got my picture taken with their Standard Poodle. Her name is Alice.
I owe them alot. They taught me how to be groomed. Something every poodle has to know and they did so with love, kindness & patience. The last time Momma picked me up Liana told her that I had become really good at being groomed, that I was calm and not so scared. If I am that way, it is because that is the way they taught me to be. They have played a huge role in my journey to wellness.

This is what I looked like the day they met me.


This is what I look like now.



Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Muppet,

    It is sad when friends move away. You will remember their scent, and maybe one day you will see them again.

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so hard to say goodbye...
    Woofs,
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete